Known for its welcoming atmosphere, live entertainment, great events and friendly bartenders, The Silver Fox continues year after year to be a premiere destination for the community.
One of the friendly (and might we add uber-sexy) bartenders you will find at “The Fox” is Alexander Sanchez. Born and raised in Guatemala, Alexander now calls California home having resided in the city of Wilmington the past 13 years.
We caught up with him and learned some fun ways to welcome the New Year with him and the staff at The Silver Fox.
How long have you been working at The Silver Fox?
I have been bartending for about five months now.
What are some of your favorite things about working there?
I enjoy meeting new people and knowing that at the end of the night, maybe I made their night a little more pleasant.
When can we come see you in action?
You can come visit me at The Silver Fox every Friday night. I tend bar from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Tell us about some of your favorite events.
Well, every Friday is my favorite night at The Silver Fox with me and my Honzi working behind the bar.
I work in bars so when I’m off, I like to stay away from the clubs. I love to go to the movies and spend quality time with my friends—I am spontaneous so I like to try new things all the time.
Tell us something surprising about you.
I am a big baby when it comes to movies because I love animation and cartoon movies. Also, I have a huge sweet tooth. I love sweet things…especially my big weakness: chocolate.
What would you say are three of your best qualities?
I am humble, funny and adventurous.
Any hopes or wishes for 2013?
To stay alive (laughs). Seriously, I hope for the best. I have so many goals and dreams that I want to accomplish, but I really hope that God keeps protecting me and gives me the strength I need to never give up in accomplishing my dreams…no matter how bumpy the road can be.
DAILY FUN AT THE FOX:
- Kick off the week on Monday Funday at the Fox with drink specials and more.
- Great value for your buck on 2Fer Tuesdays.
- Wednesdays feature Karaoke for Cocktails with half-priced drinks for singers.
- Get ready to show your wild side at Thursdays Gone Wild.
- Celebrate the weekend on TGIFriday Request Night at 10 p.m.
- It’s a WICKED Audio-Visual Experience every Saturday with DJ Wicked.
- Sundays are Super Sunday at The Silver Fox, including beer specials, a buffet and sexy Jell-O Boys.
- Plus, don’t miss James Lent on Friday, January 18 and 25!
The Silver Fox is located at 411 Redondo Avenue in Long Beach. For more information, call 562.439.6343 or visit silverfoxlongbeach.com.
- AFTER THREE WEEK “DROP FOX” CAMPAIGN, ORBITZ AGREES TO REVIEW ADVERTISING POLICY ON FOX NEWS CHANNEL
- Laura Bell Bundy – Doing Things Her Own Way!
- ‘THE SILVER RAINBOW’ – IMPROVING THE LIVES OF LGBT SENIORS
- THE SILVER RAINBOW & AGING WITH DIGNITY INITIATIVE
- LIZA MINNELLI WITH MEN ALIVE: A WINTER SPECTACULAR