Rally to oppose company’s support of anti-LGBT activists
Chick-fil-a has acknowledged their company’s support of the anti-LGBT industry. In 2010 alone, the company donated over 2 million dollars to anti-LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) groups, including Exodus International and the Family Research Council.
In recent interviews, the company owner has been not only unapologetic, but proud to confirm his support for anti-LGBT groups.
A new Chick-fil-a is opening in Laguna Hills on Thursday, July 26. The grand opening is at 6 a.m. and many people will be lined up to receive sandwich giveaways.
The Center Orange County’s YETA (Youth Empowered to Act) will be joined by several other organizations including Orange County Dream Team; Pacific Shores NOW; Gay Neighbors, Families and Friends of Santa Ana; OCEC and more with signs and info flyers to let people know of Chick-fil-A’s anti-LGBT support.
YETA youth are also looking for restaurants near the new Chick-fil-A location who are LGBT friendly and supportive. They are asking that local, competitor restaurants will give diners a discount on their meal if they bring in a flyer from the protest.
WHO: YETA (Youth Empowered to Act), a group of LGBTQ youth leaders between the ages of 14-24, focusing on social change through leadership development, community organizing, advocacy and
activism. YETA is part of The Gay & Lesbian Community Services Center of Orange County (The Center OC).
WHEN: Thursday, July 26, 2012. 5 a.m. until noon
WHERE: 24011 El Toro Rd., Laguna Hills, CA 92653
- INVESTIGATION REVEALS DEPTH OF CHICK-FIL-A’S ANTI-GAY TIES
- L.A. GAY & LESBIAN CENTER DISTRIBUTES $42,000 IN SCHOLARSHIPS TO HELP LGBT YOUTH PURSUE HIGHER EDUCATION
- L.A. GAY & LESBIAN CENTER & OUTFEST Give LGBT Youth Starring Role Through ‘OUTSET’ Film Project
- THE BIGGER & BETTER PLEASURES & TREASURES – GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION TODAY
- 14TH ANNUAL SHANTI O.C. ANNUAL WREATH AUCTION TONIGHT IN LAGUNA BEACH
Category: Orange County