February is not just the month of love, it is the month of Fat Tuesday otherwise known by the French as Mardi Gras. On Tuesday, February 21, the 11th Annual Hillcrest Mardi Gras Street Fair will be held on University Avenue and sponsored by the GSDBA Charitable Trust and the Hillcrest Business Association.
Grab your beads, don your costume and “let the good times roll” as you paint the town (or at least the neighborhood), with all the other festive revelers. The Hillcrest Mardi Gras Street Party has grown steadily over the years, selling out in the VIP tent two years in a row.
The Hillcrest event offers San Diegans an opportunity to celebrate and experience Mardi Gras without spending a huge amount of money.
Over the last decade the event has raised $160,000 for neighborhood improvements and LGBT Youth Scholarships. The event takes place on University Ave between First and Fourth Avenue.
For tickets and information go to HillcrestMardiGras.com.
- 11TH ANNUAL TASTE OF HILLCREST THIS SATURDAY
- SAN DIEGO WORLD AIDS DAY 2011 – ’20TH ANNUAL TREE OF LIFE CANDLELIGHT VIGIL’ AT VILLAGE HILLCREST
- ENJOY AN APPETIZING AFTERNOON ON SUNDAY AT THE ANNUAL TASTE OF ADAMS AVENUE
- GOBBLE UP SOME GOOD LAUGHS AS “LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS” INVADES SAN DIEGO’S CYGNET THEATRE!
- REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OC STAR TO JOIN SAN DIEGO’S ANNUAL REMEMBRANCE OF MATTHEW SHEPARD TONIGHT
Category: San Diego